Laser welding is a process that joins together separated materials. When a laser beam hits the material surface, the absorbed energy could cause heating, melting, and evaporation. To achieve the joining of different work-pieces, the laser beam has to create a pool of molten material (weld pool) at the overlapping surface of the work-pieces.
Laser welding can be applied medium sheet metal Gold, cabinet and chassis, long distance spots, flush, continuous welding, inner corners, outer corners and large workpieces, such as aluminum alloy gates and window frames, stairs, elevators, and stainless steel furniture.
Advantages of laser welder
Now, there are more advanced welding equipment - handheld fiber laser welding machine.Compared with traditional welding methods, what are the advantages of hand-held laser welder?
1. Easy operation: Manual welding can be done without expensive training costs.
2. Fast and efficient, wide processing range: Laser welding machine has concentrated energy, high welding efficiency, fast welding speed, smooth and beautiful welding seam, reducing the subsequent grinding process.
3. There are many kinds of welding materials: stainless steel, iron plate, galvanized plate, aluminum plate and other metal materials can be welded.
4. Breaking through the limitations of workpiece shape and processing environment: small solder joints, small heat-affected area, no need to set welding table, small space occupation, flexible processing, fast welding speed, long moving distance, not limited by environmental space.
5. Low maintenance cost: As long as the handheld laser welding equipment is equipped with a hand-held laser welding joint, the welding operation can be completed and the replacement cost of accessories is low.If you don't know how to replace it, you can just go to the manufacturer and fix it without worrying about the shipping and after-sales costs.
6. High cost performance: Handheld laser welder can not only carry out handheld laser welding work, but also carry out high-precision welding repair of molds through the platform in the later stage.It is the preferred cost-effective welding production equipment for smaller manufacturers.
After understanding the advantages of hand-held laser welders, let's take a look at the disadvantages of handheld laser welders!
Laser welding Materials
This allows us to use the laser systems to work with a wide variety of materials from different sectors and industries. Some of the materials that we can weld with the use of lasers are: stainless steel, galvanised steel, aluminium, titanium or carbon steel.
Laser Welding Thickness
SUS (stainless steel)
Welding characteristics of different materials 1. Die steel
The laser welding machine can be used to weld S136, SKD-11, NAK80, 8407, 718, 738, H13, P20, W302, 2344 and other types of die steel, and the welding effect is better.
2. Carbon steel
The laser welding machine welds carbon steel with good results. The welding quality depends on the content of impurities. In order to obtain good welding quality, preheating is required when the carbon content exceeds 0.25%. As the carbon content increases, the sensitivity of weld cracks and notches will increase. Both medium and high carbon steel and ordinary alloy steel can be well laser welded, but preheating and post-welding treatment are required to eliminate stress and avoid cracks.
3. Alloy steel
For laser welding of low-alloy high-strength steel, as long as the selected welding parameters are appropriate, a joint with mechanical properties equivalent to the base metal can be obtained.
4. Stainless steel
Because the welding speed and heat-affected zone of the laser welding machine are small, the overheating phenomenon and the large linear expansion coefficient of the stainless steel welding are alleviated, and the welding seam has no defects such as pores and inclusions. Compared with carbon steel, stainless steel is easier to obtain deep penetration narrow welds due to its low thermal conductivity, high energy absorption rate and melting efficiency. Welding thin plates with a low-power laser welding machine can obtain a well-formed joint with a smooth and beautiful weld seam.
5. Copper and copper alloy
Welding copper and copper alloys is prone to problems of infusion and incomplete penetration. Therefore, a heat source with concentrated energy and high power should be used with preheating measures; When the thickness of the workpiece is thin or the structural rigidity is small, and there are no measures to prevent deformation, it is easy to produce large deformation after welding, and when the welding joint is subject to large rigid constraints, welding stress is likely to occur; It is also prone to thermal cracks when welding copper and copper alloys; Porosity is a common defect in copper and copper alloy welding.
6. Aluminum and aluminum alloy
Aluminum and aluminum alloys are highly reflective materials. When welding aluminum and its alloys, as the temperature increases, the solubility of hydrogen in aluminum increases sharply, and the dissolved hydrogen becomes a source of defects in the weld, and there are many pores in the weld. , And there may be a cavity in the root during deep penetration welding, and the weld bead formation is poor.